Three-dimensional rubber dam
OptraDam Plus is a three-dimensional rubber dam that is flexible and has an anatomical shape. It is used for absolute isolation to control the spread of infectious disease in the practice.1
Due to its anatomical shape and flexible, three-dimensional design, OptraDam Plus is completely different from conventional rubber dams. As the dam is automatically stretched in an oral direction, an automatic hold of the device in the oral cavity is ensured. OptraDam is available in the adult sizes “Regular” and "Small".
- Safety and protection for patients, dentists and dental team members
- Reduces the spread of aerosols and infectious disease in the practice2
- Doesn‘t require metal frame for great patient comfort and easier placement
Broad range of applications:
- Direct adhesive restoration of teeth
- Indirect adhesive luting (e.g. of crowns or partial crowns)
- Endodontic treatment
- X-rays (without time-consuming removal and re-insertion)
- Cosmetic and prophylactic treatment procedures: in-office bleaching, fissure sealing, etc.
1. M. A. Cochran et al; JADA 119, 141-144 (1989): The efficacy of the rubber dam as a barrier to the spread of microorganisms during dental treatment.
Conclusion: The results of this and previous studies indicate that routine use of the rubber dam, combined with the other accepted barrier techniques, can contribute significantly to the overall dental office infection control program.
2. L. P. Samaranayake, J. Reid, N. Evans; ASDC Dent. Child. 56, 442-444 (1989): The efficacy of rubber dam isolation in reducing atmospheric bacterial contamination (only abstract available)